Salted Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies are chewy and gooey and oh-so sweet!
I’ve got something to say. Salted double chocolate fudge cookies > everything. Because dark chocolate > milk chocolate. (Don’t @ me.)
Honestly I don’t remember exactly when I became a chocolate snob. I think it was right around the time I became a cheese snob. I refuse to consume anything less than a sharp or extra sharp cheddar.
But that’s a different story for a different day.
I usually exercise my character as a chocolate snob right around the end of every dinner when I just neeeeed to have a little something sweet.
My mom recently told me about something that my grandpa shared about his mother. He said that his mom always had something sweet prepared to follow dinner.
Is this some kind of familial evolution? Have I developed a genetic sweet tooth that must be satisfied at the end of every dinner?!
Ok, probably not. It’s probably more of an I-have-a-poor-relationship-with-food-and-need-to-re-prioritize sort of deal.
Once again, another story for another day. (Are you sensing a theme here?)
These salted double chocolate fudge cookies are so delicious and chewy. They’re packed with dark chocolate and the sprinkling of sea salt on top is the perfect compliment to the ultra sweetness of the cookie.
The trick to getting the chewy center is melting butter, dark chocolate, and brown sugar together to create the ultimate ooey-gooey chocolate concoction before adding it to the dry ingredients.
Try these today and let me know what you think in the comments section!
Looking for more decadent dessert recipes? Check these out!
- 1/2 cup butter,, unsalted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 + 1/4 cup dark chocolate,, roughly chopped. (Use morsels if desired)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour,, spooned and leveled
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- flaked sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter, brown sugar, white sugar, and 1/4 cup dark chocolate over medium heat.
- Gently whisk until melted and thoroughly combined.
- Remove sauce pan from heat and allow chocolate to cool to lukewarm.
- Stir eggs into cooled chocolate mixture.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder.
- Add chocolate mixture to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in remaining 1 cup of chopped dark chocolate.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes..
- Using a small cookie scoop or spoon, scoop dough into one-inch balls and place 2 inches apart on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and bake for 7-9 minutes.
These cookies were inspired by this recipe.