If you’re looking for the perfect dessert for your next gathering, I’ve got just the thing for you. Sweet, decadent Mini Blueberry Galettes are fun to make and even more fun to eat!!
These little galettes are basically personal pies. They’re only about the size of your palm.
So you can have one all to yourself and you don’t have to share or feel bad about it.
And boy, are they yummy.
Start with a simple pie crust. This double pie crust recipe is quick and easy to make. You can chill it in the fridge while you’re working on the blueberry filling.
The filling is super simple too.
2 cups of fresh or frozen berries, a cup of sugar, some lemon zest, lemon juice, and a little cornstarch is all it takes.
Combine the ingredients for the filling in a medium sized bowl and gently toss to coat.
Remove your pie crust from the fridge and roll out on a well-floured surface to 1/4 inch thickness.
One at a time, gently roll each circle out a little more to roughly 5-6 inches in diameter. Put a heaping tablespoon or two of filling in the center of each circle.
Working in a clockwise motion, fold the edge of the circle inward about an inch, at one-inch intervals, leaving some of the filling exposed.
Transfer your galettes to a prepared baking sheet using a spatula. Brush the crusts with butter and sprinkle some sugar around the perimeter, then bake at 400 degrees for 16-18 minutes.
The crusts should be golden brown and the filling should be dark and bubbling.
Serve warm or cool with a dollop of ice cream or whipped cream on top. My lemon ricotta whipped cream is incredibly tasty on these galettes.
Let me know how these tasty babies work out for you in the comments and God Bless the USA!
- 1 double pie crust recipe
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon zest, and lemon juice to a bowl and toss with a spoon to combine.
- On a well-floured surface, roll pie crust out to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using a 4-inch biscuit cutter or cookie cutter, cut out pie crust circles.
- Working one at a time, roll out each pie crust circle a little more to about 1/8 inch thickness and 6-8 inches in diameter.
- Place about a tablespoon of blueberry filling in the center of each pie crust circle.
- Working in a clockwise motion, fold edges of pie crust inward at one-inch intervals, creating a ring of about an inch in width.
- Using a spatula, gently place the galettes onto baking sheets lined with parchment.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Using a pastry brush, generously brush the edges of each galette with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown and bluberry filling is bubbly.
- Serve warm or cool with whipped cream or ice cream.