Honey Pecan Cream Cheese Spread is a quick and easy way to add a little flair to your morning. Spread it on bagels, pumpkin bread, and more for a delicious addition to your breakfast.
I made this Honey Pecan Cream Cheese Spread one day when I was thinking about the honey walnut cream cheese spread at Panera. But looking presentable and getting out into the world is sometimes just so…tedious. Ya know?
I’m not a huge fan of walnuts in general and I luckily had pecans in my pantry. So I went a little rogue and came up with this Honey Pecan deal at home instead.
It doesn’t taste exactly like the restaurant spread per se, but it’s definitely just as good!
Ingredients in Honey Pecan Cream Cheese
I really like to use whipped cream cheese in this recipe. But if you prefer, you can also use a regular block of cream cheese. Just make sure that it is softened before mixing so that you achieve a smooth and creamy consistency.
Toasting pecans beforehand is essential to this cream cheese recipe. Not only does it make the pecans crispy, it brings out that deep, nutty flavor that works so well when paired with baked goods.
How to Make Cream Cheese Spread
- Start by putting your cream toasted pecans into the bowl of a food processor or small blender.
- Pulse the pecans until they have broken up into small pieces. If you’re using storebought pecan pieces rather than whole or half pecans, you can skip this pulsing step.
- Add the softened cream cheese or whipped cream cheese, the honey, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to the food processor pr mixer bowl.
- Process until the mixture is combined and the texture is to your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to Serve Honey Pecan Cream Cheese
- Spread it on your favorite toasted bagel.
- Put it on a slice of pumpkin bread.
- Spread it on a graham cracker and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Put a tablespoon of the spread on unbaked triangles of crescent dough before rolling and baking them.
- Dip some chocolate graham pretzels in it and go to town.
Did you make this recipe and love it? Please consider leaving a review below and sharing this recipe on Pinterest!
Want more delicious recipes? Check out these:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 8 oz whipped cream cheese, (or a softened block of cream cheese)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Toast the Pecans
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the pecans to the pan and cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
For the Cream Cheese Spread
- Add the cooled, toasted pecans to the bowl of a food processor or small blender. Pulse a few times until the pecans are finely chopped.
- Add the cream cheese, honey, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Process until all of the ingredients are combined and the spread has reached your desired texture.
- Spread on bagels, graham crackers, rolls, and more and serve.